Matthew D. Monson
Matthew founded The Monson Law Firm with a singular focus: to provide ethical and proactive representations to the insurance industry and self-insured entities while standing up to fight insurance fraud. Matthew focuses his practice on issuing coverage opinions and defending first-party and third-party claims. Matthew wrote and achieved regulatory approval for the first insurance policy language in the country allowing an insurer to reject an Assignment of Benefits.
A friend of the insurance industry, Matthew is a speaker at numerous claims conferences and events. Matthew is an active member of The Professional Insurance Agents of Louisiana, and the Louisiana Surplus Lines Association. He has served as President of both the New Orleans and Louisiana Claims Associations.
Matthew and his wife, Katherine, are proud parents of Andrew David Monson and Jessica Ann Monson.
- United States District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Louisiana and for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgetown University, B.S.B.A. 1994
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D. 1997
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Claims Association
- New Orleans Claims Association
- Professional Insurance Agents of Louisiana
- Louisiana Surplus Lines Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Texas Surplus Lines Association
- Wholesale & Specialty Insurance Association